Reporting Your ICBC Injury Claim
Reporting your ICBC claim is part of what we do and Mr. Holness has been reporting ICBC claims in personal injury cases since 1995.
We report your ICBC claim for you if you call right away so you do not have to personally bother with the reporting requirements or procedures.
We know about ICBC claims. Thousands of ICBC and personal injury claimants have sought the help of our experienced legal team, we have obtained millions of dollars from the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, ICBC, for our injured clients, and more than 9 out of 10 of our clients successfully obtain a money settlement or court award.
The fact is since 1999 our ICBC claims lawyers have always been on the side of the injured, we have never represented ICBC and we have built a network of medical, scientific and economic experts to level the playing field in complex cases. Caring, compassionate, accomplished and committed we will always act on behalf of you or a loved one.
When ICBC denies or delays an insurance policy claim for injury benefits this reduces the peace of mind following a car accident. The ICBC injury claim lawyers at Holness Law Group fight for the injured not ICBC or any other insurance company.
Remember that past results are not necessarily indicative of future results and the amount recovered and other litigation outcomes will vary according to the facts in individual cases.
ICBC Claims Lawyer Facts about the Insurance Corporation
The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia is a government insurance company that has been given the monopoly on all third party liability car insurance in British Columbia. ICBC also has the power to licence, collect violation ticket fines, and promote safe driving.
In British Columbia a person injured in a car accident has the right to sue the driver for compensation and retain an ICBC claims lawyer to represent their best interests. Necessary compensation usually, but not always, comes through third party liability insurance coverage held by the negligent driver.
If the negligent driver is from another province or state, the liability insurance will not be provided through ICBC, although you may still be entitled to benefits from ICBC, and another insurance company may also be involved.
For accidents after April 1, 2019 ICBC may tell you that your claim for pain and suffering is capped as a “minor injury”.
ICBC claims are paid because the corporation is required to provide medical and disability benefits to any insured involved in a collision, regardless of fault. This coverage is often referred to as “No Fault Benefits”. ICBC accident benefit insurance scheme is controlled and administered by the Corporation.
How to Determine if an ICBC Claims Injury Lawyer Is Best for Your Case
ICBC claims can be worth up to $150,000.00 for medical and rehabilitation before January 1, 2018 and $300,000 for car accidents after that date. If you are 35 years old, qualify for total disability and are permanently disabled you could receive more than $400,000.00 to replace lost income. There are complex deductions that have to be taken into account and the process needs to be followed or you could be denied coverage. Consult an ICBC claims lawyer if:
- ICBC asks you to sign any medical or loss of earnings forms;
- ICBC asks, as part of the claims process, that you sign a statement;
- ICBC has not been notified of your accident;
- ICBC wants you to attend a medical examination; or
- ICBC wants to pay you an advance instead of benefits.
For all personal injury cases speak to an ICBC injury lawyer at Holness Law Group for a free consultation right away. Once we take your case the ICBC adjuster will no longer call you and we will deal with ICBC so you can have peace of mind.
Steps in Your ICBC Injury Claim
An ICBC injury lawyer will professionally determine what steps need to be taken and ensure policy reporting requirements are met in order to maximize your accident benefits. Online resources will not replace an ICBC personal injury lawyer that has experience dealing with the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia. Without a professional you’ll need to complete the process on your own. Here are five helpful steps to protecting your ICBC claim:
- Open your ICBC claim by getting a file number- You or a loved one can call ICBC’s dial-a claim phone number to report the car accident. Be aware of the dangers of giving an ICBC dial-a-claim statement and read more about ICBC dial a claims;
- Properly complete ICBC claim forms and other documentation necessary such as insurance policy applications, certificates of earnings, short form medical report and the like. Attending an ICBC claim centre may be necessary of you do not have representation;
- ICBC claims representatives are required the properly investigate once a report has been made and an adjuster may contact your employer or doctor. At this step you may be required to attend at your doctors office or disclose your past income earnings. You should have already attend a doctor before starting your ICBC claim;
- Attending ICBC claims rehabilitation program or other treatment and receiving total temporary disability benefits; and
- Update the insurance representatives to obtain further, or maintain, benefits.
Our ICBC claims lawyers working for you will provide complete professional care so you have time to focus on the more important things in life.
We are experienced ICBC injury claims lawyers and we will prove complete care for you personal injury case with no up front fees. Call us today for your free consultation.